The Umbrella for Youth is the nongovernmental organization of youth people in Europe. Representing lot of youth people, we believe youth organizations are the tool through which we empower, encourage, involve, represent, reach out and support young people. The Umbrella for Youth brings together young people from all over Europe, organized in order to represent their common interests.
The Umbrella for Youth works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives by representing and advocating their needs and interest. In the current uncertain political and social context that affects young people, they can be powerful catalysts for positive change and contributors of innovative solutions to Europe’s problems.
To overcome the challenges faced by young people, the Umbrella for Youth has three main goals:
- Greater youth participation
- Stronger youth organizations
- Increased youth autonomy and inclusion
Umbrella for Youth aims to inspire a sense of active European citizenship, solidarity and tolerance among young Europeans and to involve them in shaping the Union’s future. It also promotes mobility within and beyond the EU’s borders, non-formal learning and intercultural dialogue, and encourages the inclusion of all young people, regardless of their educational, social and cultural background. More analytically Umbrella for Youth:
- Promote young people’s active citizenship in general and their European citizenship in particular;
- Develop solidarity and promote tolerance among young people, in particular in order to foster social cohesion in the European Union;
- Foster mutual understanding between young people in different countries;
- Contribute to developing the quality of support systems for youth activities and the capabilities of civil society organizations in the youth field;
- Promote European cooperation in the youth field.
With these goals in mind, Umbrella for Youth will continue its advocacy work to become an agenda-setter on youth affairs, empower member organizations to maximize the impact of their expertise and enforce a rights-based approach in all that it does.
President of Umbrella for Youth